A few cosmetic products have this certain reputation of being able to combat the signs of aging and regenerate skin cells. The active ingredient in these products are antioxidants which can also be found in concentrated forms like what you get with the best antioxidant serum.
These serums are said to be packed with therapeutic antioxidants that promote cell regeneration for a younger looking skin. They are also said to prevent cell damage, especially when regularly exposed to a polluted environment. Most of these antioxidants come in the form of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals which are then concentrated and mixed to become cosmetic preparations for your skin.
With all the antioxidant serums that have been out on the market, we have filtered them down to three of the best at the moment.
This antioxidant serum is a product developed by a pioneer in UV ray protection, La Roche-Posay, and it comes with the following features:
- Combines Vitamin E, Baicalin and Vitamin Cg into an antioxidant complex that is powerful enough to protect the skin from free radicals
- Comes with a broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection rated at SPF 50
- Uses the patented Cell-OX Shield Technology
- Is fragrance-free and has been tested against known allergens to ensure safe daily application
- This antioxidant serum feels great on the skin, and it does not feel oily or greasy, unlike some other sun protection serums.
- This serum is very light, and it seems to be hypoallergenic enough not to cause breakouts and other allergic reactions.
- This antioxidant serum works well with any moisturizer although using it just by itself is enough to keep the skin moisturized.
- This serum from La Roche-Posay works great with makeup and can serve as a base moisturizer. The tinted version can even be applied to your face as makeup already.
- Having this antioxidant serum as a primer makes applying cosmetics way easy, and it keeps the skin moisturized during the entire process.
- The nozzle easily dispenses the serum with the right amount of fluid, not one drop of this serum ever goes to waste as what nozzles tend to do.
- The smell that the serum emits after application can be off-putting as it smells too much of chlorine. It can even overpower the strongest of perfumes.
- Although the manufacturer cautions putting serum around the eyes, the chemicals that sweat from other areas can still pass around the eyes and cause some minor irritation.
- The bottle needs to be more transparent to remind users of how much serum is left so they can purchase a new bottle.
This serum is made of selected, organic ingredients that include jojoba oil and horsetail plant, gotu kola and aloe vera extract, as well as witch hazel and other naturally occurring chemicals. This antioxidant serum comes with the following features:
- Stimulates collagen growth and reduces fine lines
- Packed with Vitamin C and anti-ageing properties that also help clear acne and prevents breakouts
- 98% naturally derived, 72% of which is organic and has 20% Vitamin C
- no chemicals were added to hide the natural scents that the ingredients have
- This antioxidant serum feels light, and it does not feel greasy at all, regardless of how it looks or smell.
- The Vitamin C Facial Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E serum works well with any moisturizer, especially after cleaning the face and going through the nightly skin care ritual.
- The Vitamin C Facial Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E serum is not messy to apply on the skin, and it does not have the greasy feel afterwards.
- The organic ingredients found in this antioxidant serum may make you feel more confident about the stuff that you are about to put on.
- The organic smell of the Vitamin C Facial Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E is not revolting as one would expect, it actually smells good.
- The serum bottle is transparent but a little too opaque to let you know the remaining quantity of serum left inside.
3. Valentia Even Glow Serum
The Valentia Even Glow Serum is an all-natural antioxidant serum that combines hyaluronic acid, plant stem cells, green tea extract and organic rosehip oil into a compound that is said to have anti-ageing properties which increase your glow and radiance. Here are some 0f its features:
- Packed with Vitamin C to ensure that the serum is applied effectively on your skin
- Has Rosehip oil to stimulate the production of collagen which retains your skin’s elasticity
- Not too watery texture
- The smell of the Valentia Even Glow Serum is citrusy which makes it easy and enjoyable to apply on the skin.
- The thicker consistency of the Valentia Even Glow Serum makes it better to apply on the skin, especially on the face, and a small amount ensures that everything is covered.
- This Valentia antioxidant serum does not leave a greasy after feel even if it is delivered in a thick liquid.
- This serum is said to help reduce acne inflammation and prevents breakouts from occurring.
- This product works well with any moisturizer and can be part of any skin care regimen.
- Even though its consistency is thick, it feels lighter on the skin, and it helps that it does not smell bad, which makes the application a nice enjoyable experience.
- The Valentia Even Glow Serum stings a little during the first few application, but it does go away after some time.
Best Antioxidant Serum
Out of the three choices that were listed, the Valentia Even Glow Serum comes out as the best antioxidant serum with its all-natural composition and the benefits that its ingredients can provide. While it does not have the sun protection that the La Roche-Posay has, it does work well with moisturizers and can keep your skin moisturized even after a long stint under the sun.
The Rosehip oil and other natural ingredients can promote the production of collagen, and they can naturally reduce the size of a pimple and acne scars. They are even said to prevent the breakouts, but this is mostly because it keeps the skin clean and moisturized which is your number one protection against acne.
Antioxidant serums are a nice supplement to any skin care regiment, and their natural ingredients bring in benefits that you may otherwise not get with other chemical-ridden formulas. Read the labels carefully and apply with caution. Consult with a dermatologist immediately if you ever feel anything different as a result of applying these serums on your skin.