The best antioxidants for skin are capable of doing some great things. From battling the visible signs of aging to keeping your skin even-toned, they can also get rid of the premature wrinkles. The antioxidant skincare products incorporate Vitamins A, B, C, D, and E which not only protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun but at the same time, these essential nutrients can keep your skin glowing for an extended duration of time.
Purchasing one can be a hassle since there are multiple brands and they have different contents. They also all promise that they work best. Hence, in this article, we have curated a comprehensive review of top three antioxidants for skin.
Best Antioxidants for Skin: A Review
The three products we have chosen to look into were manufactured by reputable companies that specialize in skin care products.
The company MyChelle Dermaceuticals is one of the known manufacturers that have pioneered the production of bioactive, advanced, and natural skin care products.
The MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Hydrating Mist is packaged in a quality plastic spray bottle that is 6.9 inches or 17 centimetres tall and has an approximate size of 130 millilitres. Each bottle contains 124 milliliters or 4.2 fluid ounces of the product. Such is also placed in a cardboard box and both of which contain clear labels. The active ingredients of this product are a combination of extracts from vitamin C and antioxidant-rich items like turmeric, mangosteen, pectin, and pineapple as well as an essential oil from lavender and pink grapefruit.
- Easy to use, and not one drop is wasted
- Not just suited for the face but also for the neck and any other body parts
- Biodegradable product
- The manufacturer made sure that no animals were harmed in the composition of this product.
- May be used for a considerable duration of time
- All ingredients have been disclosed in accordance with the PCPC standards.
- Free from GMO, Gluten, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, silicones, sulfates, ureas, and artificial fragrances and colors
- Can be used to help bring back the moisture of the skin which can contribute to the disappearance of fine lines
- Can help protect your skin from pollution
- Promotes skin texture improvement and helps enhance skin exfoliation
- Vegetarians can also use this product.
- Can be used to help get rid of uneven skin tones
- Can be safely used multiple times a day to keep your skin moisturized
- The spray mechanism sometimes does not work too well. Hence, you need to apply more pressure or press it multiple times.
The Paula’s Choice SKIN RECOVERY Super Antioxidant Serum comes in a brightly colored squeezable tube that has a pointed tip. Each tube contains approximately 30 millilitres or one fluid ounce of the product. The most active ingredient that is advertised by the manufacturer is Tocopherol. It is basically a type of Vitamin E which is usually sourced from vegetable oils. It also contains retinol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, plant extracts, fruit oil, adenosine, and more.
- Can be used on the face, neck, and other parts of the body
- Can help protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun
- Loaded with antioxidants that can help prevent the signs of aging and promote skin moisturization
- The manufacturer also incorporated multiple ingredients that are known to prevent skin irritation making this product ideal for individuals who have sensitive skin.
- As claimed, upon using this product, it will help reverse the effects of damaged skin.
- Can promote the formation of collagen which will eventually enhance the elasticity of your skin
- Also recommended for individuals who are suffering from eczema
- Has not been tested in animals as certified by Leaping Bunny
- Made without using any artificial fragrances
- The listed ingredients of this product mention that it has silicone-based compounds which are used as slip and skin conditioning agents. This might not be favorable for some individuals.
Coming from a popular brand in the field of skin care products, the Jan Marini Skin Research Antioxidant comes with an SPF 33 rating which, in simple words, makes it more than capable of blocking up to 97 percent of the UVB rays. Likewise, the manufacturer also designed this in such a way that after applying, you can come in contact with water for as long as 80 minutes.
The ingredients include antioxidants, beta-glucan 1,3, phytomelanin, hyaluronic acid, and oil capture system. Packaging-wise this product comes in a squeezable plastic tube that has a pointed tip and a length of 15 centimetres or 5.9 inches and contains 57 grams or two ounces of the cream. It is placed in a 1.4 x 1.4 x 1.3 inches cardboard box that has all the necessary labels.
- Even if you have to go outside after wearing this skincare product, you can do so pretty easily without damaging your skin.
- May be used even when swimming
- Not greasy
- Helps make your skin smooth and soft by aiding in moisturizing the skin and controlling the production of oil
- Specially formulated to help make the skin look younger as well as restore the damaged areas
- Does not contain parabens
- A little bit on the pricey side
- It should be applied about 15 minutes before going out under the sun. Otherwise, you might not reap the full benefits of this particular skincare item.
Which is the best antioxidant for your skin?
If you are looking to purchase the best antioxidants for skin, you can invest in any one of the aforementioned products. All three of these skincare products are loaded with antioxidants. Nonetheless, they have their standout features that can meet specific needs.
If you are an individual who is not into chemical-based products and is on a tight budget, then, the MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Hydrating Mist is suited for you. This is also the most affordable as well as most straightforward to apply. If you are suffering from dry and sensitive skin as well as eczema, have a look at the Paula’s Choice SKIN RECOVERY Super Antioxidant Serum. Lastly, for all those of you who want to protect their skin from the UVA and UVB rays of the sun, the Jan Marini Skin Research Antioxidant will be best for you.