The hair is always exposed to the elements, air pollution, and other environmental factors. The natural aging process is also most visible with the loss of color in the hair strands and the loss of hair.
Hair growth is directly linked with the hormonal changes in the human body, thus its thickness is visibly affected by the smallest changes in diet and lifestyle. No wonder, everyone is affected by hair loss during their lifetime at various ages.
People have always searched for a solution to maintain healthy hair be it naturally by eating healthier foods rich in vitamins and antioxidants, by taking food supplements, or using products developed to aid in regaining hair thickness.
What causes the loss of hair thickness?
- Environmental factors – such as pollution, exposure to the sun
- Lifestyle habits – you-yo dieting, sudden weight loss, smoking, drinking excessively
- Medical condition – long term illnesses
- Side effects of medication or changes of medical prescriptions
- Mental health issues – anxiety, depression, stress
- Pregnancy – hormonal changes
- Genetic factors – hereditary baldness
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hair loss
- Wearing a hair covering for a prolonged time
- Drug abuse
Hair thickening products that actually work
A wide variety of products aimed to tackle hair loss on the market fail to show the wanted results rapidly. Finding the right product that actually works might take some time with a bit of trial and fail.
Pharmaceutical companies have medicated products aimed to tackle hair loss and help restore the hair’s health. These products can come under the form of:
- Hair oil
- Food supplements
Hair loss can be a result of androgenic alopecia, hair loss in both sexes caused by Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that brings male characteristics into the body. The growth in the number of the DHT hormone can trigger hair loss by causing the hair follicles to shrink through binding to the receptors.
DHT is the main culprit for male alopecia, affecting a number of women as well. People affected by this can use DHT blockers or DHT inhibitors in order to fight and stop the hair loss.
Do DHT blockers really work?
DHT blockers do work, especially when combined with a healthy lifestyle. These blockers prevent the DHT from binding with the hair follicles and reduce their shrinking effect.
You can find on the market blockers under the form of shampoo, hair masks, conditioners, serums, sprays or food supplements.
We chose to put to test one of these DHT blockers under the form of a serum sold by Hair Restoration Laboratories from the USA.
The best DHT blocker serum
Hair Restoration Laboratories developed an innovative product that encourages hair thickening and successfully blocks the negative effects of DHT: Maximum Hair Thickening Serum.
This serum contains more ingredients than other products meant to block the harmful effects of DHT, and prevent hair loss and thinning. Moreover, this blocker contains numerous ingredients clinically proven to stimulate hair growth.
Suitable for men and women, Maximum Hair Thickening Serum is formulated as a leave-in serum that can be used daily on a clean scalp, on damp hair.
A small amount poured from the dropper pipette should be applied directly on the scalp on the areas that require attention, where the loss of hair is more visible. The product should be gently massaged on the hair roots followed by the normal hair styling routine.
It is recommended to leave the serum in your hair for at least 4 hours.
This serum has a high content of plant based ingredients, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and natural oils. In each bottle you will find the result of 20 years of research resulting in effective and powerful DHT Halting Technology that fights against hair loss and reverses its effects by encouraging hair growth.
DHT Halting Technology is a blend of extracts, amino acids, oils such as:
- Green Tea extract – stimulates the hair follicles
- Pumpkin Seed extract – increases blood circulation under the scalp
- Biotin – has a strengthening effect on the hair follicles and air shaft
- Saw Palmetto – targets DHT directly
- Caffeine – hair thickening effect
- Black Cumin oil – improves the scalp’s aspect and adds strength to the hair
- Keratin – naturally occurring in our bodies, aids hair growth
- Hydrolyzed Collagen – for a healthy hair
- Caprylic Triglyceride – thickness
- Argan Oil – nourishes the hair
- Sunflower Seed Oil – improves the hair’s aspect
- Jojoba Oil – natural shine
- Pea extract – for healthy and thick hair strands
- Ginseng – stimulates hair growth whilst helping to prevent hair loss
This serum is said to be more effective to help prevent hair loss and thicken the hair than the existent over the counter solutions today.
What we liked about the serum:
- Quick and easy to apply
- Leaves a soft scent
- Hair visibly more luscious looking after first uses
- Split ends seem to benefit also from its use
- The amount in a bottle lasts a while
- Recommended by Physicians
- Cruelty free product
- No traces of harsh chemicals
- Suitable for both sexes
Its effect is more visible after around two weeks of daily usage resulting in less hairs fallen after the shower, during combing and styling.
Does blocking DHT regrow hair?
The DHT blockers are designed to halt the hair loss. However, Maximum Hair Thickening Serum has the right natural ingredients that restore the hair’s vitality, stimulate and encourage new hair growth.
Other users recommend this serum for its visible results after establishing a routine treatment combined with a healthy lifestyle.
The product developed by Hair Restoration Laboratories is full of natural DHT blockers making it suitable for everyone that makes a conscious choice in using plant based ingredients.
As a conclusion, the Maximum Hair Thickening serum is most definitely worth trying. Its ingredients make for the perfect mix to keep a healthy mane and enhance its beauty.
Where to buy DHT blockers
Buy the Maximum Hair Thickening serum from the Hair Restoration Laboratories online shop. You can also find more information, the full list of ingredients, other users’ reviews as well as other related products.
Other DHT blocker products can be found in pharmacies, specialized shops or online.
For the best results on how to regain hair thickness, it is preferable to have a discussion with a health professional. Your GP might want to check your general health in order to find out if there is an underlying cause for your hair loss.