To get rid of neck lines it is recommended to daily exercise your neck muscles to prevent sagging. Massaging your neck and chin will also maintain your skin supple for a longer-term.
Once set neck wrinkles are harder to reduce and the onset of the aging process will accelerate their look.
Here are a few things that could help you reduce the appearance of neck lines and even get rid of them for a period of time:
- Massage your neck daily with your hands, fingers or with a massage roller.
- Clean and moisturize the neck area twice a day.
- Develop a skincare routine to help slow the appearance of wrinkles.
- Use lifting serums and creams.
- Use a temporary wrinkle remover
- Wear sunscreen protection (at least SPF30)
- Choose a moisturizing foundation to cover the neck lines
- Lifestyle changes – have a well-balanced diet avoiding salt, sugar, fizzy drinks. Alcohol and smoking
- If you spend too much time with your head down, writing or on a computer, take breaks to exercise your neck.
- Keep yourself well hydrated during the day.
A specialized skin clinic could also help through:
- Skin peeling
- Dermal fillers
- Local collagen injections
- Microneedle fat grafting
- Laser surgery
How to get rid of neck lines naturally
Neck lines aren’t always just the result of the natural process of aging. Younger people may experience these lines early in their adulthood. In the past, they were known to appear to people that spent a lot of their time reading and writing.
Today, most of us spend hours working on a computer, laptop or tablet and nearly everyone is checking their smartphone regularly throughout the day.
These lifestyle changes result in deepening neck lines.
To get rid of neck lines naturally, people should :
- Become more aware of their working position and change it at regular times. Place your screen in an elevated position to avoid bending your neck.
- Change the body posture by keeping the neck high to stretch the muscles.
- Exercise, a healthy diet, lots of hydration, moisturizing and massage will work wonders on these pesky lines.
- Yoga is good for stretching the neck muscles.
- Sleep on a thin pillow or choose an ergonomic design.
- Vitamin C is known for its beneficial properties in boosting cell regeneration. Add to your diet plenty of citruses. On the market, there are Vitamin C food supplements that can become part of your daily body care routine.
- Choosing Vitamin C serums to apply on the neck area will also improve the skin’s appearance.
- Take Vitamin E supplements to boost the skin’s elasticity.
- Retinol is highly recommended by doctors and surgeons. Their advice is to apply a moisturizing cream with retinol as the impact is more visible. The neck lines will become more faded.
- Use special facial/neck patches infused with antioxidants to boost your skin cells’ growth.
- Avoid sun exposure at all costs without wearing protection.
- Use after-sun lotions on the neck to replenish the skin.
How to hide neck lines with makeup
Hiding the neck lines with makeup is pretty much like doing the same with the facial deep wrinkles.
- Before applying makeup make sure that the whole area is clean.
- Apply a good toner to tighten the neck skin. Let it dry.
- Apply a good moisturizing cream. Choose a wrinkle cream with vitamins and antioxidants and a good SPF factor.
- Use a silicone-based primer. The silicone will fill the deep lines on your neck making the skin appear smoother. Apply this on your neck with your hands in an upward direction.
- Petroleum jelly or Vaseline could also prove helpful as a primer on the neck lines.
- Apply a light or medium foundation. The heavy full coverage foundation tends to set into the lines making them more visible. You could either use your fingertips to gently massage the foundation or apply it with the help of a makeup sponge.
- A good trick is to use Boyd’s No Lines Temporary Wrinkle Remover for a flawless look.
- If you are handy with your makeup brushes, you could use a contour makeup kit to highlight and tone down the desired areas on your neck.
- Setting powder is best left out when applying makeup on your neck. The fine powder sets in the lines making them more obvious to the naked eye.
- A good idea is to dust a bit of bronzer on the neck in case your skin is too white compared to your facial makeup.
No Lines Temporary Wrinkle Remover
Boyd’s Renoir temporary wrinkle fix is an excellent product that can be used to instantly hide your facial and neck lines. It has an immediate skin tightening effect that lasts over the day without the need to reapply it.
Made in the USA, this product can be used on its own or added to your usual non-liquid makeup foundation. It comes in liquid form in a small glass bottle (5 fl.oz). Suitable for dry and normal skin types this product is an amazing addition to your beauty regime if you are worried by the appearance of your neck lines.
Only a small amount is needed to be applied over the lines. Too much of the product might leave a white mark. This can be easily rectified by cleansing the area.
Boyd recommends applying a powder foundation after using the serum on its own to get the best results.
There are plenty of reviews from customers that have been using this product for years, some even for a decade! They are complimenting its long term effects that are visible to others as well. Customers in their 70’ and 80’s are very appreciative of how well the wrinkles responded to the use of the temporary wrinkle remover.
Where to buy your temporary wrinkle remover from
The best place to buy Boyd’s product and other complimentary products from the same brand is, online, on their website. Here you can find more information about the product, a related video and plenty of real buyer’s reviews.
You may find their products on Amazon or eBay as well, however, the best deals are always found on the manufacturer’s website.
How to get rid of forehead lines
When you concentrate on your work this shows on your forehead with the skin folding and creating creases. The same happens when you raise your eyebrows, squint or frown.
The constant movement of the muscles under your forehead skin and the folding of this skin, combined with other factors like aging, gravity, sleep deprivation, smoking, pollution, sun exposure, dehydration and an unbalanced lifestyle increase the appearance of the forehead lines.
To get rid of these lines you can make some small changes in your diet, be more aware of the effect of certain facial movements, keep your skin well moisturized and avoid staying too much in the sun.
Choose a facial lifting cream or a filler serum and apply it twice a day over the face gently massaging your forehead upwards.
A beauty clinic can help with further treatments like laser resurfacing.
How to get rid of the lines under the eyes
The lines under the eyes become more visible when we smile and deepen with the passing of time. The skin around the eyes, especially under the eyes where the dark circles appear, is thinner than on the other areas of your face and more sensitive.
It is important to take good care of the area around your eyes since early adulthood to keep the wrinkles at bay for longer.
To get rid of these lines and have a more youthful appearance you could use:
- Caffeine infused serums
- Vitamin C eye creams
- Massage with a gentle roll-on or the tips of your fingers
- Always apply the eye cream with gentle tapping motions to stimulate the blood circulation
- Apply vaseline or coconut oil to deep moisturize the eye area
- Remove makeup and all residues efficiently with high-quality cleansers
- Use fillers (creams, serums or injections)
How to get rid of smile lines
The so-called smile lines appear around the mouth. The loss of the skin’s elasticity is the main cause of its prevalence. People that spend lots of time in sun-exposed climates or have dry skin, experience the appearance of these wrinkles earlier than the others.
Preventing the appearance of smile lines requires a healthy lifestyle without smoking and consuming alcohol. Staying hydrated and following a strict daily beauty routine. This recommendation is for both sexes as wrinkles and the aging process affects us all.
To get rid of the smile lines do:
- Clean your face regularly with water and a gentle face wash.
- Clean the face after gym, swimming or sun exposure.
- Always remove makeup before going to bed.
- Apply moisturizing creams rich in antioxidants and vitamins
- Regularly peel the skin for deep cleaning
- Massage your face regularly
- Always wear sunscreen protection
- LED treatment that can be done at home, it is said to boost the collagen production
- Increase your Vitamin C and Vitamin E intake
- Using a satin pillow is the newest trend to help avoid getting more wrinkles
- Clinical treatments – chemical peeling, filler injections, botox, laser treatments or surgery could improve the appearance of these lines for a prolonged duration of time.
If you want to learn more about how to get rid of neck and face lines or to solve other skin-related problems, read more, check other related articles on CellRegenerate.