Japanese natural skincare started to get more and more attention worldwide. Celebrities like Emma Watson, Ariana Grande, Kate Moss, Meghan Markle, and many others shared their preference for Japanese skincare products.
Nature has always been a great part of people in Japan. This respect for nature translates well in the Japanese women’s beauty regime as well as in the Japanese beauty industry. The use of natural ingredients without harsh additives, respecting tradition, and combining traditional ingredients with innovative ideas led to a thriving beauty industry in Japan.
Is Japanese skincare good?
Women from Japan are well known for their beautiful, glowing, and flawless skin. The Japanese skincare focuses on enhancing a woman’s natural beauty. The importance is placed on choosing organic ingredients to offer the best skin nourishment and offer gentle care for it.
Japanese skincare secrets
Having healthy skin is essential for Japanese. A natural, clean, radiant skin is essential and natural makeup-free skin is seen as a reflection of the person’s inner personality.
The most important step to achieving and keeping a healthy skin is by following a strict skincare routine. This applies to anyone that desires to achieve this goal. Find your best skincare routine and keep to this ritual daily.
This skin ritual is a part of the culture of women in Japan from an early age. It has been followed for hundreds of years successfully. For example, geisha introduced the double cleansing ritual when they needed to remove their oil-based white makeup.
Health and nature are entwined and caring for your inner body has a massive effect on the skin. That is why Japanese skin secrets include:
- Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet all through your life. Fruits, vegetables, and lean meat will provide your body with the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants it needs.
- Sleep well to relax your body and mind
- Use rice to treat your skin: it can be used as a mask, as cleansing water, as a method of skin brightening and soothe sun-damaged skin.
- Drink green tea or use it on the skin. Especially suitable for people suffering from acne.
- Exfoliate the skin by using natural ingredients.
- Infuse your bath with natural oils and salt to take care and soothe both your skin and your muscles.
- Facial massage to prevent wrinkles and skin sagging
- Double cleanse your face in the morning and in the evening by using a gentle natural cleanser and an oil-based cleanser
- The makeup should be natural and it shouldn’t mask your face. A naturally healthy-looking skin is better than covering flaws.
Traditional Japanese skincare routine
Cleansing is a major part of this routine followed by multiple layers of products to help hydrate skin (lotions, moisturizers, serums), facial massage, using masks regularly, and applying sun protection.
When applying facial creams, lotions, serums, it should be done by pressing lightly the product into the skin and avoiding dragging the skin (a possible cause for wrinkles).
Japanese skin care products online
Skincare products from Japanese manufacturers can now be found online easier than before. Simply use a search engine like Google or Bing. However, not knowing the brands and their ethos, might make for a difficult decision when choosing your beauty products.
It is better to look directly on the producers’ websites, read about their history, the vision behind their products, the ingredients used, and product reviews.
For example, following the link to www.edobio.com, you will enter the EDOBIO online shop.
EDOBIO is a skincare brand that combines plant-based ingredients with the latest biotechnology to deliver natural products in line with the Japanese skin routine rituals.
They use simple ingredients like Lactic Acid Bacteria mixed with well researched ancient Japanese rituals to create natural skincare products that bring the inner beauty on the outside. They promote simple natural beauty along with modern-day beauty trends.
EDOBIO’s mission is to deliver products that can help people resolve their skin problems.
This unique brand found its inspiration in the Japanese Ukiyo-e paintings from the Edo period (1603-1868) that showed beautiful ladies with clean, flawless translucent skin. Some of the brand’s packaging depicts these Japanese beauties.
Part of a traditional skincare routine is cleansing so, EDOBIO created a line of gentle natural soaps inspired by ancient beauty methods that contain natural microorganisms, extracts of cherry blossom, green tea seed extract, and green tea leaves.
- Floradiance Moisturizing Souffle Soap is the star of this handcrafted line.
It can be used for facial skin as well as all over the body, targeting dirt and sebum on the outer layer of the skin as well as providing a deeper cleaning due to its ingredients. The soft foam pampers the skin and enhances the sense of wellbeing during the beauty routine.
There are no additives, only simple, natural ingredients.
- Another star product is the Ukiyoe Beauty Serum
This serum should be used following cleansing and before moisturizing, in the morning and in the evening, daily.
Its main ingredient is the fermented rice bran, an ingredient used since ancient times in Japan with soothing and moisturizing properties.
This serum works well on all types of skin and is proven to brighten the skin, reduce the dark spots, and improve the general appearance of the facial skin.
Following the traditional Japanese beauty routine and the idea that inner beauty shows on the outside, part of their product range is also selling green tea that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Ordering a gift set for yourself or someone close will give you the best of what this company offers at a reduced price.
EDOBIO offers shipping all across the globe so it’s easy to get your hands on their products and introduce them in your daily beauty routine.
How to achieve a Japanese flawless look
- Choose natural skincare products that are dermatologically matching your skin type regardless of being advertised by renowned brands.
- Listen to what your body tells you: if it needs hydrating or not.
- Protect your skin from sun exposure that accelerates aging.
- Follow a strict daily beauty regime entwined with a balanced lifestyle
- Use less makeup (might be worth looking up Japanese makeup brands too)
- Try Japanese skincare products
- Remember to smile and show your inner beauty!
If you like this article, please share it.