Your face tells a million stories. It’s the first thing someone else notices about you.
A person’s face is also the first thing that registers and appears in mind if you think of that someone. No wonder that many people consider spending money on facial care an investment.
Facial care requires some effort to keep a healthy appearance.
It’s necessary to wash and moisturize the face as well as wear sunscreen regularly to keep damaging external factors at bay. More and more people started to use antioxidant face cream.
As we age, our skin thins out and loses its elasticity since these two outcomes are part of the natural aging process.
However, bad habits such as smoking, eating junk food, drinking and excessive exposure to the sun can cause premature aging of the skin.
This is why many people end up having sagging skin at an early age. But fret not for experts say that antioxidants can help fight premature skin aging.
It is also proven that antioxidants are helpful in fighting diseases or illnesses by neutralizing free radicals and preventing the occurrence of oxidation. Thus, antioxidants help promote better health including improving one’s skin.
Additionally, eating food and drinking supplements that are high in antioxidants are not the only ways to delay and reverse the damages caused by free radicals.
It is not surprising that many creams and lotions, particularly face creams, boast of having antioxidants sourced from various ingredients. Application of these products is also useful in helping one achieve better-looking skin.
Best antioxidant cream
Choosing a formula that offers the best results and protection requires a bit of research and trial.
Antioxidants are often praised and presented by enthusiasts as the healing media of the future. It is then not surprising at all to find so many cosmetic products that are said to have antioxidants on the market.
Naturally occurring antioxidants are often synthesized from plants, fruits, and seeds before being combined with natural ingredients to form a healthy mixture. You can apply this onto your skin to keep it moisturized even as you sleep. These creams are specially formulated to keep working even when the body is at rest.
Antioxidants for face
Antioxidants can have a ton of benefits, especially since these are sourced from natural food items like fruits and vegetables, as well as grains, meats, and seeds.
When it comes to skin care, however, the following antioxidants may have the best effects with regular consumption.
- Vitamin E. Tocopherol may help boost collagen production in the skin, which serves as its skeletal component and the building block of healthy glowing skin.
- Lycopene. Mostly found in red fruits, this antioxidant may help in collagen production, and it may also reduce DNA damage that can lead to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Resveratrol. Sourced from grapes and berries, resveratrol may help protect against skin damage caused by ultraviolet rays when applied as a topical compound.
- Niacinamide. It has depigmenting properties, which may help in improving the texture and tone of your skin. It is also known as an anti-inflammatory antioxidant.
- Genistein. This compound may also help protect the skin against ultraviolet ray damage, regardless if it’s A or B.
- Vitamin C. Strictly sourced from citrus fruits and broccoli, ascorbic acid is a primary ingredient in collagen formation. It has always been promoted as an antioxidant that may help in the battle against skin aging.
As such, it is best to look for these ingredients when buying a face cream.
Benefits of Antioxidants
Other than taking care of your skin the natural way, antioxidants also have the following benefits:
- Firms the Skin. Skin-firming antioxidants like Coenzyme Q-10 have been used for night creams as it may help improve skin health, and it may tone out your skin evenly.
- Anti-Inflammatory. One of the antioxidants’ properties is that it may inhibit inflammation by increasing blood circulation, therefore improving cell metabolism.
- Repairs Damage and Regenerates Skin Cells. Vitamins C and E are known to be the building blocks of collagen production, a substance that forms the base of skin cells. A regular dosage of both may help regenerate skin cells resulting in a minimized appearance of wrinkles and repair any damaged section of your skin.
Antioxidant face cream
Face creams that are high in antioxidants come in different textures, application directions, and ingredients.
Dermatologists recommend looking for products with little chemical components or are all-natural since some ingredients are harmful to the skin and body. These include paraben, Phthalate, Oxybenzone, and Formaldehyde, to name a few.
Best antioxidant face cream
1. Eau Thermale Avene A-Oxitive Antioxidant Water Cream
Avene is world known for its healthy skincare products for over 270 years. This face cream is easy to apply and can be used twice a day.
- Plumping effect
- Enriched with thermal water
- Contains vitamins
- Skin absorbs it fast
- Other users comment on the easy use of this product
2. 24K Gold Face Cream Antioxidant Moisturizer w/Shea Butter & Beeswax La Bodies
This is a fantastic product that delivers. Packed with all kinds of goodies like beeswax, cucumber extract, 24 K gold particles, shea butter, sunflower seed extract, etc. Reviews from users praise its benefits for very dry and sensitive skin.
- Pleasant fragrance
- High-quality ingredients
- Great makeup base
3. Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Spf 15
This is a premium product that deserves to be on our best antioxidant for face list.
- SPF 15
- Smoothing effect
- Suitable for all skin types
- The fragrance is fresh – cucumber scent, might not be on each one’s taste
4. Ramona Cline Skin Care Beverly Hills Wine Moisturizer
Luxury in a pack coming from Beverly Hills.
- Rich in antioxidant s– Resveratrol, wine extract
- Can be used on the face, hands, and even body
- Amazing fragrance
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Great reviews from users suffering from acne-prone skin
5. H2O+ Beauty Rapids Probiotic Sorbet Facial Moisturizer Lotion with Champagne and Yuzu Extracts
- Unique novel formula
- Great for all skin types
- Yuzu extract – citrus fruit, high in antioxidants
- The solid to liquid formula might not be on everyone’s taste
- Small jar
If you are on the lookout for an antioxidant face cream, then check out the following. These are three of the top products on the market today.
1. Gratitude Miracle Moisturizer Face Cream
The Gratitude Miracle Moisturizer Face Cream by Bright Path Collection promises to improve the skin in just three weeks of continuous use.
This moisturizer face cream boasts of being able to hydrate and moisturize dry skin, balance oily skin and repair fine lines and wrinkles. It can be used as a day or night cream and a moisturizer for the under-eye area.
The product is vegan and was never tested on animals. It is also free of paraben. Moreover, this face cream moisturizer contains Vitamins A, C, E, Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, Rosehip, Bergamot Essential oil, and the red marine’s rare strain algae.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Vegan product
- No animal testing
- Money-back guarantee by the product maker
- No SPF
- Has an overpowering smell of lemon and orange scent
- No plastic seal
- Thick consistency
2. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer
A cream produces with natural organic ingredients as it was developed by chemists. Among them, there are aloe vera, jojoba, grape seed, and shea butter.
- It contains Vitamin C
- Specially designed to improve the appearance of wrinkles
- Suitable for all skin types
- Strong lemony fragrance
3. Rescue Triple Antioxidant Cream
- Reduces redness
- Powerful antioxidants
- Minimizes pores
- Soothing effect
- A bit expensive
Best antioxidant for face: night cream formulas
Antioxidant night creams are usually made of natural ingredients and are supplemented by industrial or synthesized variants of the previously listed antioxidants. Night creams may have a combination of two or more antioxidants, all of which aim to help you maintain young-looking skin.
1. Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Facial Anti-Aging Night Cream
Strict quality control of the Aveeno night cream ensures that there is nothing in the mix that can inadvertently cause an allergic reaction.
- No Greasy After Feel
No oily feel after application means that no pores get clogged and cause inflammation, or worse, an outbreak of acne.
- All Natural
The Active Naturals BlackBerry Complex is made of natural anti-aging ingredients plus Vitamins C and E.
- No greasy residue
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Light on the skin
- Mild formulation
- Great for sensitive skin
- Soothes and softens
- Keeps skin hydrated
- It has a strong smell.
2. Block Island Organics – Organic Revitalizing Night Cream with Antioxidants
This night cream does not contain any harsh chemicals and compounds that can harm your skin. It is also gluten-free and is not tested on animals.
This night cream uses only organic ingredients like cocoa butter, rosehip oil, avocado extracts, and aloe vera, as well as jojoba and sunflower oil.
- Deep Moisturizing Effect
The Block Island Organics night cream deeply moisturizes, and the antioxidants that it contains lock in moisture and nourish the skin which may decrease the effects of UV rays.
- No Greasy After-Feel
Despite the number of essential oils used to make the Block Island Organics night cream, it does not feel greasy, and it does not leave any oily after-feel.
- Spreads easily on the skin
- Gets absorbed quickly
- No dangerous compounds in the mix
- Fresh, clean feel and smells good
- Feels too light on the skin
- Not suitable for dry skin
- Greasy at first
- Not made for everyone
3. Estee Lauder Women’s Nightwear Plus Anti-Oxidant Night Detox Creme
- Trusted brand
- Suitable for all skin types
4 . SkinMedica GlyPro Renewal Cream
Innovative cream from a brand that you can trust, where science and a love for skincare designs products to help your skin in the long term.
- Contains glycolic-acid
- Antioxidant infused
- Reduces the aging signs
- Soft and easy to apply
- Encourages the renewal of your skin cells
- Might seem expensive but it’s worth trying.
5. EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer, Antioxidant, Peptide and Ceramide Blend
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Rich and moisturizing
- Non-greasy after-feel
- Contains rice peptides that stimulate the collagen production
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Smoothing effect
Best Antioxidant Night Cream: The Verdict
All of the previously listed night creams contain the essential antioxidants that may help in keeping your skin smooth and clear of any impurities.
All three also contain all-natural ingredients and are designed to leave a non-greasy after-feel.
All three have the same non-greasy feel and effect. However, the Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Facial Anti-Aging Night Cream comes out on top as it soothes and softens the skin as it moisturizes with its all-natural ingredients. The strong scent is something that you can get used to, and its mild formulation makes it more appealing for all skin types.
Best antioxidant for facial skin
Finding the perfect facial antioxidant cream is never an easy task. After all, our skin is different as people have varied needs and allergies.
Luckily, there are plenty of antioxidant facial creams on the market including the products we just reviewed.
We have also researched and listed here the best antioxidant moisturizers for soft and supple skin in order to help you decide and buy a suitable product.
Remember to click on the images of the products to find more information, reviews, and buy your favorite one.