HMB is a supplement that can help you lose weight and build muscle. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methyl butyrate (HMB) is an amino acid found naturally in your body, but it can also be used as a dietary supplement to support your workout goals.
This substance has the OK of people who control sports. They say it is not harmful and does not make people do cheating. It is often sold as a nutritional supplement, usually in powder form.
HMB helps reduce the breakdown of protein which means more lean muscle mass for you. A single daily dose of HMB is all you need to get the benefits, and it lasts up to 36 hours in your system.
HMB supplementation does not appear to significantly affect strength performance in untrained people, but it may help improve lean body mass in growing children. This supplementation does not seem to enhance aerobic exercise performance.
HMB is currently being studied for its effects on exercise recovery, cardiovascular disease risk factors, and cognitive function. Athletes have used it since the 1990s as a dietary supplement to reduce muscle breakdown during training and increase fat-free mass. Still, HMB can also improve body composition in sedentary people.
Benefits of HMB supplement:
1. HMB powder is a natural, safe, and effective way to increase muscle mass.
2. This supplement is not synthetic or made from an animal, so it is vegan-friendly.
3. Can help maintain or increase muscle strength.
4. May reduce the risk of injury by strengthening muscles and connective tissues.
5. This supplement has been shown to improve athletic performance in sports such as weightlifting, wrestling, martial arts, rowing, cycling and running.
6. HMB Supplement can be used for general fitness training to achieve more remarkable results with less effort.
7. A study showed that taking 2 grams per day might be enough for most people who want to lose weight and maintain muscle mass while dieting – this means you’ll save money too.
HMB supplement side effects:
HMB is a safe supplement when taken by mouth. The most prevalent side effects are nausea and stomach discomfort; these usually disappear within 2-3 days of starting supplementation.
People who have taken HMB at doses less than 3 grams per day for up to one year seem not to be affected or poisoned in any way, according to research from 2009-2013 on PubMed Central (PMC).
The (ISSN) International Society of Sports Nutrition’s position on HMB as a supplement is that it is safe to use and should be taken 2 hours before intense exercise. It should be taken 1-2 hours before the training if you are taking it with glucose. You can take 3 grams for two weeks before an intense activity that causes muscle damage.
The safety profile of this compound has been studied scientifically since as early as 1999, with all evidence suggesting that it poses little risk under normal circumstances – and even then, only if consumed over an extended period like many other nutrients do regularly.